A little bit of night terror!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iceniner

Last night i was cycling back home. I have to go round a corner which leads up to a bridge. The road is wide enough for two cars but when i got up to the bridge there was a taxi parked on the right side, and two teenage girls walking on the left hand side. (No pavements).

There was still plent of room for me to get through so i carried on, but suddenly both girls start screaming. And when i mean scream, one of those horror movie screams. I slow down and try to see why they are screaming...

When it dawns on me that my two front BM ixon iq lights are almost as bright as the taxi's dipped headlights. One of the girls has made a move for it but the other turns around (still screaming) and looks around finally looking at me very, very confused. :biggrin:

I cycle past at crawling speed looking at her just as bemused. Im sorry if you thought i was a car going to run you down, I didnt mean to scare you!

:smile: I am a silent car... I mean bike!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oops!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Oh blimey!

I'm noting down the name of those lights mind...

Tonight some little scrote thought he'd chuck something at me - no idea what it was, as his aim was poor in the extreme...small mercies eh?

bonj2

i'm always careful of taxis, especially in town centres when people are on nights out, as they have a habit of running for the back door of the taxi mindlessly wtihout looking.

Thank chrisst you didn't have Hi-Viz on.

2eezhg6.gif

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
yorkshiregoth said:
How about some KITT style front lights??

Cylon outfit, for crash protection AND lighting...

"By your command".

There a underpass that I cycle through on my commute where the local kids hang about (nice bunch) on more than one occassion I've came around the corner with my 10w & 2 x 5w front lights to see them all jump and stick their hands in their pockets (to hide all of their joint making equipment). When they realise that it's not the police coming to bust them I usually get some nervous laughter from them.

On another occassion (same underpass leading into a park) the police were obviously doing some sort of "sting" trying to catch underagers or similar. To my amusement there were about 10 cops all "hiding" in amongst the trees and when my lights hit their jackets (hi-viz) they lit up like Christmas trees, I could see them for a few hundred feet away. As I passed I gave them a cheary "hi" to which I only got a few stern looks back!!

Top Bottom