A Little Lazy This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
It might be due to the clocks going forward but this morning I seemed to be taking it far too easy, average down by almost 3kph, just did not seem to be in a mood to give my normal effort, didn't even use the big ring, just the middle:banghead: .
Almost scalped by a guy going quite quick on a hybrid, due to me slowing down for a pedestrian crossing and then a car getting in my way they can within 15 metres of my rear wheel.
Respect to the hybrid rider as on reviewing my rear camera video I can see they are keeping up quite well until the magic roundabout:bravo: .
Will not happen tomorrow:bicycle: .

400bhp

Guru
Nothing wrong with going slow - mixes things up.

Very slow for me this morning along my new canal/river route. On a recovery ride.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Nothing wrong with going slow - mixes things up.

Very slow for me this morning along my new canal/river route. On a recovery ride.
It was interesting arriving at work nice and fresh at 24km, shame I had to stop for work.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What's wrong with that? You can't absolutely cane it every day!

Lazy would be not cycling at all.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I cruised in nice and slow this morning too. I had a two day stag do at the weekend and the clocks going back meant I was not feeling tip top when the alarm went off this morning!

As benb say lazy would be getting the train in.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
What's wrong with that? You can't absolutely cane it every day!

Lazy would be not cycling at all.
It's just that section of road, 2km of gentle drag with a few sets of lights which are usually green make it a good road for sticking it on the big ring for a bit of +40kph cruising just before I hit the town centre, only get roads like that out in the countryside.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Almost back to normal this morning, my prognosis is too much alcohol at the weekend.
Twice as much as normal for me but still below the governments recommended weekly maximum of twenty-four units.
May have to start my summer alcohol prohibition earlier this year.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
24 units in a year:excl:.
Some of my family think I am virtually tee-total then again both sides of the family are from countries with a reputation for being full of drunks.
I usually give up completely for the summer months in order to buy more cycling related gear.

Top Bottom