A little riddle to get you thinking.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Teresa is the mother of the person asking the question.

But

Who is asking the question below.

If Teresaā€™s daughter (jane) is my daughterā€™s mother(the same Jane as Teresa's daughter), what is Teresa to me?

D

Deleted member 26715

Are Parrot's animals I thought they were birds therefore using your logic the answer is 3

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

Are Parrot's animals I thought they were birds therefore using your logic the answer is 3
I was wondering if anyone would bring this up, you are right they are birds but birds are in the Animalia kingdom, making them animals

winjim

Smash the cistern
https://startsat60.com/discover/ent...dle-the-battle-of-english-and-mathematics/amp

There are a heck of a lot of unstated assumptions in that explanation, and each assumption could easily be something else. Very annoying.
My one thought is that 'every elephant' could see the same two monkeys, whereas 'each elephant' could see a different two, but I'm not sure if that's correct. Regardless, the correct answer is 'I don't know, and you know that I don't know, and you're just trying to be difficult'. Like all those number / symbol ones from a couple of years ago, they're just designed to be a pain and to start fights on forums.

Reactions: srw

Venod

Eh up
Ok enough of Teresa and the Elephants, no ambiguity here. (I don't think)

You are lost in the woods and the path you are following forks into two: a path to the left and one to the right. One path will lead you to safety while the other will cause you to be lost forever.

At the fork are two twin sisters who know which path is which. The sisters are identical in every way except one: one of the sisters always tells the truth while the other always lies.

You can ask only one question and you donā€™t know which sister is which. What can you ask them so you know which path to take?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ok enough of Teresa and the Elephants, no ambiguity here. (I don't think)

You are lost in the woods and the path you are following forks into two: a path to the left and one to the right. One path will lead you to safety while the other will cause you to be lost forever.

At the fork are two twin sisters who know which path is which. The sisters are identical in every way except one: one of the sisters always tells the truth while the other always lies.

You can ask only one question and you donā€™t know which sister is which. What can you ask them so you know which path to take?
Come on, we've all seen Labyrinth.

Labyrinth-Two-Door-Riddle.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

Are you @Venod?

Top Bottom