England : Cheshire A long(ish), slow(ish), flat(tish) Cheshire ride - Sat, 4th June 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
This isn't looking practical for me at the moment, I'm afraid. I've been putting off replying because I would love to join you. Sorry Colin. Hopefully another time.

Wobblers

Euthermic
From Kelsall, where A54 crosses over our road in, very approx. 10:15
  • McWobble (subject to dicky knee)

Dicky knee is still being dicky. Worse, I appear to have developed a sore throat, and a cough that wouldn't be out of place in a smokers anonymous convention. Sigh. I think the gods are trying to tell me something.

Boo. I was looking forwards to this too - the weather's looking like a repeat of last year, a repeat would have been rather nice. I suppose I'll just have to experience it through your ride reports (no pressure... :smile:)

doughnut

Veteran
I've been lying to myself that I can beat this cold in time I'm afraid. Stuck in bed right now with a raging temperature. I'd not be much company and doubt I'd have anywhere near the energy needed for the ride tomorrow, so I'm going to have to cry off. Gutted - this was going to be one of my memorable rides of 2016. Hope the weather is good for you and I will catch up with you on the next one.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OMG ... I go and do a bit of bike fettling, come back, and you are dropping like flies! :sad:

Oh well, I'm sure that Littgull, skud and I will have a good ride. I'll try to remember to take some photos this time for the post-ride write-up.

I'm hoping that @potsy will still make his guest appearance at the start!

Those of you who can't make it are welcome to come along on any of my other rides. If you fancy some tough Yorkshire Dales hills, watch out for the coming Settle ride. Details soon, ride to take place on Sat, 2nd July.

@skudupnorth - I don't have a phone number for you. I will PM my ride phone number to you which you can use if there is a problem.

See y'all in the morning! :hello:

potsy

Rambler
Well I have no bike prepared and have only just got back from a long and tiring day up in Keswick.
Looking doubtful I'll be there Colin but will see how I feel in the morning.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well I have no bike prepared and have only just got back from a long and tiring day up in Keswick.
Looking doubtful I'll be there Colin but will see how I feel in the morning.
And then there were 3! (Or should that be 3.0000001, given a very slight chance that there might be 4 for a very short time?)

It must be something I said ... :laugh:

And then there were 3! (Or should that be 3.0000001, given a very slight chance that there might be 4 for a very short time?)

It must be something I said ... :laugh:

Crikey, the numbers really have fallen away! Definitely not a distance to even attempt if you have aches and pains before starting it.

I'm chomping at the bit for tomorrow's ride especially having spent the last hour trying to find my cheap but very effective sun protection over-glasses (i.e. worn over my proper glasses). Finally found them in the one place I never looked, under the kitchen table.

Come on Potsy, you know it makes sense.

See you tomorrow.

potsy

Rambler
The fact I am so worried about even riding 8 or so miles with you tells you how far I have fallen, I will set my alarm and see how I feel in the morning.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The fact I am so worried about even riding 8 or so miles with you tells you how far I have fallen, I will set my alarm and see how I feel in the morning.
We'll use you as our pacemaker while we warm up, and then we can go flat out once you have peeled off ... :whistle:

Right, I'm going to switch the computer off and watch one episode of Breaking Bad then turn in.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn ... Another day dawns in long forum ride land! :tired:

The last of my 3 alarms has just gone off so it is time to get up and force down some food. I don't feel hungry now but I will probably regret it later if I don't!

Top Bottom