A magnetic alternative to clip-ins.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fnaar said:
what happens then?
In the House episode, a guy (played by LL Cool J) who'd had some tattoos done in prison had problems with metal content in the dodgy tattoo inks used doing nasty things to him when an MRI scan was done on him. (Something like that anyway.)

ColinJ said:
In the House episode, a guy (played by LL Cool J) who'd had some tattoos done in prison had problems with metal content in the dodgy tattoo inks used doing nasty things to him when an MRI scan was done on him. (Something like that anyway.)

Ah that is the heating effect of the RF (Radio frequency waves) that MRI uses to produce the signals. If a tattoo has conductive metal in it, it is possible that an electrical current can start flowing in it, and can cause burns.

I should point out that it is very, very, very rare for their to be a problem with a tattoo. We scan people with tattoos all the time.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
magnatom said:
I should point out that it is very, very, very rare for their to be a problem with a tattoo. We scan people with tattoos all the time.
I don't have any tattoos, but I'm very tempted to have one of a barcode :tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
I don't have any tattoos, but I'm very tempted to have one of a barcode :tongue:

I was very tempted by that too, to see if it'd work on the supermarket scanner.

Bigtallfatbloke

....Hmm...I never really did trust a compass on a steel bike, now I know I can't.

...when will somebody invent the gloo in cleat?

Top Bottom