A medium or long jockey cage for a Campagnolo Triomphe/Victory S3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
I need a way of shifting (prefereably with indexing) across a 7-speed 11-28 at the back and a 15-tooth jump at the front .... I'd like to use a Victory or Triomphe S3 (not sure which cos it's been a while since I looked at it) that I have kicking around as it will fit in with the age/style of the rest of the groupset, but I'm worred that the stadnard short cage isn't up to that.... I'd ratehr not have a long cage floating around in there either if possible, but would fit one if I can't find a medium..

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Did Campag ever do 7 speed indexed?

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Yeah, original Syncro was available in 6 and 7, tho not an issue for me, I'm using a freewheel that is Shimano compatible 7.. It has 5mm between gears, same as Campy 8, so I'll use 8-speed and lock out one shift with the limit screws... The issue I have is that a lot of earlier Short cage mechs do 26t largest sprocket and around 30t difference, I need 28t biggest and 33t difference. That is LX, GT, Rallye territory, but I want to use the Triomphe/Victory mech I have for aesthetic reasons...

Last edited:
Top Bottom