A medium or long jockey cage for a Campagnolo Triomphe/Victory S3

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by chriscross1966, 17 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

I need a way of shifting (prefereably with indexing) across a 7-speed 11-28 at the back and a 15-tooth jump at the front .... I'd like to use a Victory or Triomphe S3 (not sure which cos it's been a while since I looked at it) that I have kicking around as it will fit in with the age/style of the rest of the groupset, but I'm worred that the stadnard short cage isn't up to that.... I'd ratehr not have a long cage floating around in there either if possible, but would fit one if I can't find a medium..

2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Resistance is futile! Moderator

Did Campag ever do 7 speed indexed?

3. OP
    OP
    chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

Yeah, original Syncro was available in 6 and 7, tho not an issue for me, I'm using a freewheel that is Shimano compatible 7.. It has 5mm between gears, same as Campy 8, so I'll use 8-speed and lock out one shift with the limit screws... The issue I have is that a lot of earlier Short cage mechs do 26t largest sprocket and around 30t difference, I need 28t biggest and 33t difference. That is LX, GT, Rallye territory, but I want to use the Triomphe/Victory mech I have for aesthetic reasons...

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice