A mocha frappe costs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Top tip at Prêt à Manger: Buy a filter coffee with the milk on the side — £1:25. Add a bit of the milk and the result is indistiguishable from a white Americano; add all the milk and the result is indistinguishable from a strongish Latte. If I remember rightly, Americanos and Lattes weigh in at over the £2:00 mark.

…and coffee is the one thing worth buying at McDonald's, where it is even cheaper.
Cos you have to sit on a plastic seat with a paper cup amid the smell of meat and pretend chips xx(

Drago

Legendary Member
£4.20 is jar of coffee territory, capable of making dozens of tasty cups of coffee.

potsy

Rambler
I've never tried a mocha frappe, but I quite like the sound of it.... :whistle:
Being northern and tight I almost certainly won't though ^_^

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Top tip at Prêt à Manger: Buy a filter coffee with the milk on the side — £1:25. Add a bit of the milk and the result is indistiguishable from a white Americano; add all the milk and the result is indistinguishable from a strongish Latte. If I remember rightly, Americanos and Lattes weigh in at over the £2:00 mark.

…and coffee is the one thing worth buying at McDonald's, where it is even cheaper.
On my occasional ride to heathrow airport for a spot of plane spotting, I visit the nearby mcdonalds and for the first time I had one of their frozen coffee and it was actually really good. Have not had once since but your post reminded me of that day so I think instead of heading to caffe nero, I'll pop into mcdonalds instead, later today perrhaps.

si_c

Guru
£4.20 is jar of coffee territory, capable of making dozens of tasty cups of coffee.
As a self confessed coffee snob xx( The only thing worse than the terrible coffee you get at a chain restaurant is instant.

Of the chain restaurants the best is probably McDonalds for their quality to value ratio, the rest use terrible coffee and brew it badly then mix it with milk to hide the taste.

When out for a bike ride or a walk in our locality, Mrs Salad and I make it our business to seek out reasonably priced teas and coffees. There are several seaside cafes down here in Thanet that will sell a good sized takeaway tea or sometimes coffee for £1. Can't argue too much with that.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Once upon a time, asking for a drink was simple, the most you got asked was do you want milk or sugar. Now it's like a bloody restaurant menu for a drink! Me, 'Black coffee please.' Server, 'You mean Americano.' Me, 'You call it anything you wish as long as it's coffee, it's hot and it's black.' Getting old and grumpy with the modern world.
Nothing new under the sun...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRLoJQK8f0

Top Bottom