A narrow escape this morning...or just good riding!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
So there i am belting my way into Bristol City Centre this morning an a fast 9 miler and just as I am approaching the underpass near the end of the cycle track I see in the distance a rider approaching from the opposite end. Being a courteous rider :smile: I pull on the brake...back brake...big mistake..bike skids to left..I correct...skids to the right...I correct...skids to the left again..I correct...and finally skids right again..I correct!! The bike now on a straight line I'm upright and actually have a smile on my face...good technical control aka Peter Sagan....or just luck...you decide :smile::smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Total luck on your part :okay:

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm with @ianrauk with total luck but with a little bit of skill thrown in. If you ended up fishtailing the bike then you didn't correct but over corrected.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Lucky! If it had been a hard pull on the front brake you'd have been stuffed. :cycle:

There's always a nice sense of self-satisfaction though when you have some sort of "wobble" and manage, by luck or the gods, to stay on the bike and keep upright as you come to a stop. :biggrin:

Was the other cyclist impressed with your handling skills? ;)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Lack of skill in failing to notice that you were riding too fast for the slippery conditions! :okay:
This. Shite riding for getting into that situation in such a simple, predictable scenario.

Top Bottom