A narrow escape this morning...or just good riding!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Lucky! If it had been a hard pull on the front brake you'd have been stuffed. :cycle:

There's always a nice sense of self-satisfaction though when you have some sort of "wobble" and manage, by luck or the gods, to stay on the bike and keep upright as you come to a stop. :biggrin:

Was the other cyclist impressed with your handling skills? ;)
I never had time to look Bimble..all over in the blink of an eye...

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Skill in staying upright.

Lack of skill in failing to notice that you were riding too fast for the slippery conditions! :okay:
point take Colin but travelling back on the same route this afternoon there were no signs of potential slippery sections....However speed and not paying total attention prob had a lot to play in the incident....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So there i am belting my way into Bristol City Centre this morning an a fast 9 miler and just as I am approaching the underpass near the end of the cycle track I see in the distance a rider approaching from the opposite end. Being a courteous rider :smile: I pull on the brake...back brake...big mistake..bike skids to left..I correct...skids to the right...I correct...skids to the left again..I correct...and finally skids right again..I correct!! The bike now on a straight line I'm upright and actually have a smile on my face...good technical control aka Peter Sagan....or just luck...you decide :smile::smile:
Are you saving your front brake for more urgent emergencies?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
point take Colin but travelling back on the same route this afternoon there were no signs of potential slippery sections....However speed and not paying total attention prob had a lot to play in the incident....
I once led a forum ride down a short stretch of grassy path to a bridge over the river Wharfe. I was too busy nattering to other riders to notice that my front wheel was in a patch of mud when I braked. So, as I was picking myself up from the ground, I ... :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

However speed and not paying total attention prob had a lot to play in the incident....
HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Go sit in the corner, never (repeat) never on this forum accept that you may have done something wrong, always defend to the hilt that every cyclist is perfect in everything they do whilst riding their bike, you should hang your head in shame admitting you may have been a contributing factor.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have had a few moments like that when im sure that its only skills i learned on my Raleigh Striker that subconsciously come to the surface that save me.

And sometimes they dont.

Top Bottom