A new 100% British bicycle is it possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello All,

After chatting to a friend of mine who's dad was part of the management at Philips/ Sturmey Archer /Raleigh
I got to wondering if it is still possible to build a British bicycle using new parts ? Off the top of my head I can only think of Brooks saddles ( A company he was telling me about) is there any more ?

oxbob

Slightly ot, i tried to build a bike last year using only european made components, i came unstuck at pedals all see to be made in far east

dudi

I don't reckon it's possible, the vast majority of stuff, even british makes, are actually manufactures in the far east...

Frame is probably quite easy though... be an excuse to get a customer dolan frame... :headshake:

peanut

Smokin Joe said:
Most componants would be impossible to source, tyres being one example.
yeah but wouldn't you regard tyres, the same as bar tape,pedals and saddles etc they are consumables :bicycle:
There is no question that a
uk company could design and manufacture all the componants but why would they want to. the market is too crowded now

gavintc

Guru
There is not much that is 100% any nation these days. We have become a globalised society where parts are sourced from across the world.

oxbob

gavintc said:
There is not much that is 100% any nation these days. We have become a globalised society where parts are sourced from across the world.
That is why we mere oiks can afford carbon/titanium parts, nowt wrong with that

Top Bottom