a new cycling retreat in lanzarote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello I am a keen cyclist and have decided to leave England to renovate and open a new cycling retreat in the heart of Lanzarote, Canary Islands.

The location is central, the surroundings quiet and beautiful and the property is a 200 year old traditional Canarian Finca, which is presently being restored. The Finca comprises 8 twin/double rooms all with ensuite bathrooms. The rooms are large enough to accommodate an extra bed so the Finca can sleep 24 people comfortably if you are interested in a group booking. A professional bike provider will deliver bikes to the door and there will be a bike station for personal bike maintenance and bike racks available inside the rooms for added security.

The accommodation has a Moorish influence and there is an internal plunge pool in the courtyard. There are 2000 square metres of landscaped gardens to explore with areas to relax, hammocks and sheltered spots for complete relaxation. The cost is 40 pounds per person per night and includes full continental breakfast with fresh local produce of cold meats, fresh eggs and cheese, locally baked breads and fresh coffee, fruit and cereals.

Is this something your members may be interested in? Please let me know if you would like more details and I will keep you informed with updates. I will be taking bookings from January 2011.

Please feel free to ask any questions, there is absolutely no obligation or commitment from you, I am merely gauging an interest in something I feel very passionate about, I have been travelling to lanzarote for the past fifteen to cycle and know the island well.

Thank you very much for your time.

Nicola Colley

StuartG

slower but further
Nicola,

I was in Costa Teguise last week. I was horrified by the bike hire business. It appears to be a cartel charging 11e/day for a basic bike and 19e/day for road bike. This compares to 4e/day I paid last year in Sicily. It was cheaper to hire a car (20e/day) than a pair of bikes.

So we didn't ride. A great shame. Hope you can do something to change that. And get folks out into the more interesting parts of the island ...

ASC1951

Guru
Whereabouts are you in Lanzarote, Nicola - 'central' could be anywhere from Teguise to Yaiza. Is there a website yet?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers, it's a superb place for a week's cycling.

jags

Guru
best of luck hope all goes well for you did you think of contacting the local cycling clubs in the uk and ireland.

Top Bottom