A new decade soon and no one seems to care.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think I am roughly your age, a although maybe a tad more grown up.
When RR 1st appeared on my radar I assumed he was about 15yrs old and still had and some growing up to do. With hindsight and additional information I now know I was very wrong. I still don't give a rat's arse that I was wrong and stick with my initial impression.

Venod

Eh up
Wikepedia links are popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s

lane

Veteran
I have been reading recently that time does not exist. It is just our way of making sense of something we don't really understand, so in that context probably not really worth worth worrying too much about. This thread has got me thinking though - my dad who I will be seeing shortly - was born in the 20s and now it's nearly the 20s again.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
one thing that always puzzled me about the Anno Domini thing is... when did the year of 'our lord' start? At birth or after death, when he supposedly rose to become 'our lord'. Is 10 BC ten years before his birth or ten years before death and subsequent rising?

...not that it matters. I'm with the OP... anticipating the 1980's was really exciting, but ultimately it was all a bit of let down.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
At least we can celebrate 20 years since surviving the Millennium Bug...^_^

How about celebrating 20 years since working bloody hard to prevent the Millennium Bug?

Smudge

Veteran
Anyway, back to the OP. I can't wait - after twenty* years we'll finally have a decade with a proper name again.

*Yes, I know 19 years by some people's counting

Yes, always seemed odd calling the past two decades 'the noughties' or 'the twentytens'
More importantly though, will humanity get to see another millenium.

Meant to say 2100.

Top Bottom