A new obsticle course for Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Post... very good!

jagman.2003

Über Member
Terrible planning & no consistency.

I wouldn't condone any form of vandalism...but there is a pointless hedge near me that restricts vision for all road users. Especially pedestrians. The council do nothing about it despite complaints. It would be a shame if that said hedge was the victim of some drive by topiary..!

Likewise, if those single posts were cut at ground level, cleanly, who is going to notice or do anything about it..

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
On the club ride, we always shout out 'post' when one is coming up. I think our throats would be sore after cycling along there.

At least it improves your slalom skills (the dangerous way mind).

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I rode down there tonight. What makes it even worse is that only three of the four roads on the crossroads have toucan crossings on them. So if you want to only cross the road without the toucan you have to play a game of frogger over the other three, took me about ten minutes to get across it tonight.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I rode down there tonight. What makes it even worse is that only three of the four roads on the crossroads have toucan crossings on them. So if you want to only cross the road without the toucan you have to play a game of frogger over the other three, took me about ten minutes to get across it tonight.
Yet another reason to stay riding on the road. These are pavements - putting little signs up with pictures of bikes on doesn't change them into cycle paths.

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
Compared to the infrastructure Leicester already has that I have seen (definition of crap) this doesn't surprise me. Most of Leicester's roads are incredibly hostile to cycling.

Top Bottom