A new pet hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I remember when learning to drive, back in the dim & distant recesses of pre-history, that my instructor said to wait, to never assume that someone was going to be going straight on if they weren't indicating, or that if they were indicating that they'd be making the turn they were indicating to make. It makes sense to be *extra* alert when approaching roundabouts and yes, that means slowing down if necessary.

Arch

Married to Night Train
gambatte said:
How could they ever hope to take over the universe with no depth perception?

Well, I know, but then they were armed with sink plungers, and they did OK...

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:
What does a flashing indicator mean? That the indicator is working. Nothing else.

On a Dalek, it usually means the Dalek is talking, or maybe thinking...

Gambatte, you're right, it's the whisk that fires the death ray...

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Arch said:
On a Dalek, it usually means the Dalek is talking, or maybe thinking...quote]

Brilliant connection LOL

(Should there be a national campaign for Daleks to be fitted with indicators?)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I remember a Dead Ringers windup, when they rang a branch of B and Q in Tom Baker's voice, and asked if they sold Dustbins (yes) and sink plungers (yes) and whether they ever noticed Minis parked in the car park with indicators on them.. (er, sometimes...) and then warned the guy it was a plot to build Daleks by stealth...:blush:

I was also once at an archaeology conference and there was a Science Week thing on at the same time, and while we were having a coffee break, a Dalek trundled by the window, and all these academics broke off mid-learned-sentence to watch it and then run outside to have a closer look...

squeaker

Über Member
dangerous Daleks

I remember seeing some TV footage of a guy, who had one of the up-market Daleks, driving it around, and bumping into, the storage depot where he kept it.
Definitely needed the flashing lights :blush:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Daleks, archaeology, ….

You don’t think the creationists might have got it all slightly wrong, and its actually the Daleks that’ve been going back 10,000 years and planting fossils of dinosaurs?

Just in this case they were spotted ‘checking up’

When I went to the USA a couple of years ago, the trip ended in Los Angeles, where we naturally visited Venice Beach.

I was trying to get over seeing a man dressed like a victorian gentleman zoom past me on blades, holding a lead that was attached to a collar round his femal companion's neck, who was dressed as a slutty maid, again on blades.

We were then virtually assaulted by a homeless guy who started insisting that our bikes were the work of the devil. As we tried to politely leave him to his rant a huge (and very homemade) Dalek came over and started shouting abuse at the homeless guy, in staccato Dalek style voice.

We made our escape at this point, as cops on quad bikes moved in on the pair of complete nutters!!

That ranks as my number 2 wierdest experience ever.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
When I went to the USA a couple of years ago, the trip ended in Los Angeles, where we naturally visited Venice Beach.

I was trying to get over seeing a man dressed like a victorian gentleman zoom past me on blades, holding a lead that was attached to a collar round his femal companion's neck, who was dressed as a slutty maid, again on blades.

We were then virtually assaulted by a homeless guy who started insisting that our bikes were the work of the devil. As we tried to politely leave him to his rant a huge (and very homemade) Dalek came over and started shouting abuse at the homeless guy, in staccato Dalek style voice.

We made our escape at this point, as cops on quad bikes moved in on the pair of complete nutters!!.

Barkeep! I'll have 2 of whatever he's having!!:blush::angry::laugh:

Panter said:
Its my number 1 pet hate on the road.

Even when driving, to sit there like a prat waiting for the car coming towards you which then swerves off without indicating drives me mad.

I used to drive HGV's, and that was even worse. It takes a little while to get them moving and I wasted a lot of my life waiting at roundabouts and junctions for vermin who were too lazy too indicate.

Christ, its not even much effort is it ? shoot the bloody lot of 'em I say.

And don't get me started on those who don't bother indicating to change lane on a 3 lane motorway......

Absolutely. My approach in the lorry is a bit different from yours, by the sound of it. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not indicating you're going straight on, and you can argue with the trailer wheels.
Inconsiderate tossers.:ohmy:

Top Bottom