A new spring - where can I find one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speicher. I think your spring should have a ring formed at one end of it (the curly bit) and at the other end should be a hook and it sounds as if this hook has straightened out or snapped off possibly under the strain of being dropped. Your best chance IMO would be to find an engineers suppliers, try looking in the Yellow Pages, there must be one some where nearby as Brum was full of them at one time. Hope this helps.:ohmy:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think you might be right. One end has a sort of semi-circle of wire. I have managed to hook this part into the bit that connects with the bit that goes up and down according to how heavy the weighed item is.

The other end of the hook is much shorter, just a quarter of a circle. But it is a very clean break. I cannot see how that end connects to the spindle that calibrates the position of the red indicator. The end of the spindle is flat and has no visible hole through which to thread a hook, even if one still existed on the spring. I have put all the components of the scales in a box.

I would like to have operative scales soonish for the making of sponge treacle pudding, and pineapple upside down pudding and dumplings, and flapjacks.:ohmy: So may resort to profferring coinage of the realm for the acquistion of another set of scales.

Top Bottom