A personal best tonight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
You will probably laugh me out of the room in a minute when I tell you that I've just managed to beat my old personal best average speed over 17 miles. Compared with the more serious cyclist here it's pretty rubbish. Never the less though I'm well chuffed in that I managed to average 16.5 mph on my ride out tonight. The thing I don't understand though is that cycling has been a little sporadic over the last few months , with the dark nights etc so I would of thought I would be slower if anything. The weather this evening was quite nice and mild and couldn't resist not cocking my leg over the bike and hitting the road. I could feel the head wind going outbound so I took it relatively easy but on the way home I put the hammer down and cycled hard knowing there's a nice cold beer waiting for me in the fridge :-). The big question is though how and why could I be cycling quicker considering I have not done alot of winter riding. I've still got my five chins and still weigh the same.My bike is marginally heavier thanks to the slime tubes.My last average personal best was 16 mph so to do 16.5 is a big jump in my books.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Er, headwind on way out = tailwind on way back! :whistle:

PS Not so much a TMN as a simultaneous post!

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Thanks for the encouragement. It feels good when you manage to better a personal time. I had a small operation on my hand last week to remove a small tumour and I've been popping the Co codamols down my neck to ease the nagging pain. As for reducing the pain I've noticed they really take the aches and pains out of my joints , especially my knees. It makes me wonder if they have got anything to do with me cycling harder as I am not feeling my sore knee joints. When I finish the prescription my new lease of life in the fast lane will not doubt return back to a more sedate pace again.

Top Bottom