A personal best!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have been in possession of three pies for three hours and they remain uneaten.

I met up with @Cubist for a beer and a curry in Bradford at lunchtime and he was kind enough to bring me:

A pork and pepperoni pie
A fidget pie
A pork pie

They have currently scored 10/10 for appearance but I'm between curries - another one is pending to celebrate my daughter's birthday and I want to approach them with an unfettered appetite.

Tasting notes might appear tomorrow depending on whether or not I have a phone signal. I have a mini adventure planned in the dales.

Thanks again Cubist.

:mrpig::mrpig::mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I can just imagine you settling down behind a drystone wall and breaking open the supplies! A real treat awaits you in the Fidget Pie, and I must say I'm intrigued by the thought of Pork and Pepperoni. The Haigh's pies are pretty damn good, but the best pie I had in a long time was an AR Jones Pork and Black Pudding pie. Don't tell the Haggis haters though......

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I can just imagine you settling down behind a drystone wall and breaking open the supplies! A real treat awaits you in the Fidget Pie, and I must say I'm intrigued by the thought of Pork and Pepperoni. The Haigh's pies are pretty damn good, but the best pie I had in a long time was an AR Jones Pork and Black Pudding pie. Don't tell the Haggis haters though......

I've got pork and haggis pies to look forward to at the Knockengorroch festival. Pork and black pudding pies are good. I' had a great one at the Ribblehead Inn and a good one from Cockburns in Bedale. The latter does a fantastic pork and caramelised red onion pie.

Tomorrow is destined to be a three pie day with the possibility of an additional brace for good measure as emergency rations. I'll be jet propelled on Saturday morning.....

Cubist

Still wavin'
What is in the fidget pie?
Its a real treat, so I shan't spoil the surprise. It may show up on a northern version of 't'Google...... There is such a thing as a Shropshire Fidget pie containing vegetables, but this one was crafted in Bolster Moor, so differs.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

4 hours 5 mins to go :whistle:

I'm struggling to find room for chocolate cake after my second curry of the day.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Just remember to eat something else with them, to empirically demonstrate that pie is in fact 3.14 times tastier than any other food!

Top Bottom