A personal best!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAtoo

Über Member
What is in the fidget pie?
pie.jpg
Basically a pork pie....

Lucky bu&&er......

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Still uneaten...

Don't they look magnificent?

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

1888557_10152268271998330_1612418819_n.jpg

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

What's for breakfast, Vern?

Belly pork sandwiches....

The pies are reserved for on road refuelling. One will be reserved for eating at the day's destination - Bollihope where I'll be wild camping

001495_5715fad5.jpg

If it's soggier than the picture portrays I'll be picking somewhere on higher ground.

Attachments

• 001495_5715fad5.jpg
    001495_5715fad5.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Are they to be eaten in ascending or descending order of the number of holes poked in the top?

And, yes, they do look magnificent :hungry:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Twenty five hours!

Just had the pork and pepperoni lightly spiced with a soupcon of saltiness contributed by the pepperoni. 8/10.

Wasn't the first pie of the day though. Had a pork and stilton pie from Greewoods in Boroughbridge. 7/10. docked marks because I don't like blue cheese.

Last edited:

inkd

:popcorn: the suspense is building. So when is the description of the Bolster Moor Fidget pie coming? As a southerner I have never tasted such pies, only the traditional Cornish pasty.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well, that pic is of a Shropshire fidget. A Bolster Moor Fidget is a bit different. :becool:
Doesn't look like the last Shropshire Fidget Pie I had.:headshake:Looks more like a pork pie.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Twenty five hours!

Just had the pork and pepperoni lightly spiced with a soupcon of saltiness contributed by the pepperoni. 8/10.

Wasn't the first pie of the day though. Had a pork and stilton pie from Greewoods in Boroughbridge. 7/10. docked marks because I don't like blue cheese.

I'm beginning to lose faith in the objectivity of your system...

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Fidget pie eaten by the Tees at Whorlton Bridge last night. The fidget topping was moist and savoury though slightly sweet. Great crust, voids filled with jelly. nice pickme up. 8.5/10

And finally after a record breaking forty two hours in my possession, the pork pie. Nice filling - the most that I've seen in a pie. A great breakfast pie preceded by a breakfast tot of rum. Well balanced seasoning, good crust and nice peppery after taste. 9/10 with the potential of scoring a 10/10 when fresh.

To hell with it. A pie that tastes this good after two days must be a ten.

thanks @Cubist

Top Bottom