A Petite Collosus!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done Sophie, but WHY did it take the police an hour and a half to arrive to deal with such a violent patient...? :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Well done Sophie, but WHY did it take the police an hour and a half to arrive to deal with such a violent patient...? :whistle:
The deep irony there is there were likely none available because they were doing stuff that the NHS and social services should be doing, sitting with perfectly well behaved S.136 patients that they can't legally leave until a doctor comes free, dealing with people having mental health episodes, etc, etc.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The deep irony there is there were likely none available because they were doing stuff that the NHS and social services should be doing, sitting with perfectly well behaved S.136 patients that they can't legally leave until a doctor comes free, dealing with people having mental health episodes, etc, etc.
And the doctors probably weren't available because they were dealing with someone who had taken an overdose because they hadn't been able to get an appointment with a psychiatrist...

I know someone in the Midlands who got put in an ambulance and taken to Brighton because no help was available locally that night. I also heard of a patient from Manchester being shipped off to Cornwall.

The world is going mad! :wacko:

Goes off to find a no-wail link
Sorry, but that's how it came to me:blush:

Sadly I know, it's catch 22

Drago

Legendary Member
^^^ That is very, very true. I spent a spell working in the control room while recovering from surgery and can confirm that at 4pm on a Friday the phones would start lighting up wait calls from social services, who'd done bugger all in their 8 hours at work and were now going home for the weekend and wanted the police to do their jobs for them.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Dont they have security in hospitals?

Top Bottom