A possible Brompton purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Hmmm.. I can forsee a problem with the unswitchoff-able lights,

The people at the Merseyrail train stations are very, very, very anti bike lights, especially red ones. Something to do with tain drivers and their reaction to seeing red lights - understandable I suppose, and I assume the same is true on any train station, especially underground ones like we have in centre of Liverpool. Does anyone have experience of this issue and possible remedies ?

Thanks
Andrew

The Jogger

Legendary Member
A flashing red is an emergency stop signal so I suppose they really do have a point. Well it is on the Underground.

ushills

Veteran
I have the Shimano dynahub. I haven't really got to grips with it but it has a single switch on the front light. Turn that on and pedal and both lights come on, after pedalling for about 2 minutes, stop pedalling turn the switch to off and the lights stay on for about 3 minutes. I guess this is a capacitor discharging - is this the expected behaviour ?

Andrew
What light is used, I have a Shimano Dynohub with a B&M Cyo and when I switch the front light off both lights go off. Saying that, the rear light is fed from the front and not direct from the dyno, how is yours set up.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
What light is used, I have a Shimano Dynohub with a B&M Cyo and when I switch the front light off both lights go off. Saying that, the rear light is fed from the front and not direct from the dyno, how is yours set up.

The front light is a Lumotech and the back light is wired from the front light, not from the dynohub. I am wondering if I can put a switch in the wire that leads from the front light, but I am concerned about water ingress.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
From bottom to top you kinda have to go ...

1st = Left down/Right Down
2nd = Left Up
3rd = Right Up/Left Down
4th = Left Up
5th = Right Up/Left Down
6th = .Left Up

I tend to think of it as 3 big jumps with the Right Hand (hub) and small intermediate jumps with the left (derailieur). Some gears require a double shift. It soon becomes second nature!
That was useful, thanks.

Top Bottom