A question about a Gillott Frame on EBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Is this priced about right?

Would I be able to furnish with modern components or is too old for them?

I can’t tell by the photos if it’s a track bike or a road bike.

I’d be grateful for any information before I commit.

Link

midlife

Guru
Can you paste the actual link as my cheapo tablet does not like the shortcut! There's a section on lfgss I think about new kit on old frames.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It is a road frame. You should be able to fit it out with modern stuff. What are you thinking? Sti evers, outboard bearing BB, modern wheels, how many speed cassette?

You should be able to buy the decals to finish it off.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@CarlP that's a cracker
The only issue i can think of is the rear wheel spacing but that can be cold set etc etc a visit or a chat with a good frame builder will give you an idea of cost
Is the bottom bracket std threading ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
...... so you could fit a hollowtech BB and chain set if you wish. You'll need to fit under BB cable guide.
RJ the bike guy has a video on YouTube about cold setting a frame.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It is a road frame. You should be able to fit it out with modern stuff. What are you thinking? Sti evers, outboard bearing BB, modern wheels, how many speed cassette?

You should be able to buy the decals to finish it off.

Yes, that sort of thing, though I don’t have a clue about what I’m doing.

Not quite sure what happened there. I did post to say I could see a stop for a rear mech cable so is a road frame and that lfgss is here lol

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/212733/?offset=1650#comment14809272
Thanks
@CarlP that's a cracker
The only issue i can think of is the rear wheel spacing but that can be cold set etc etc a visit or a chat with a good frame builder will give you an idea of cost
Is the bottom bracket std threading ?

I’ve seen the cold setting video a while back. No idea about standard threading.

...... so you could fit a hollowtech BB and chain set if you wish. You'll need to fit under BB cable guide.
RJ the bike guy has a video on YouTube about cold setting a frame.

Thanks.

Top Bottom