A question for people who know Sweden.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
A couple of years back I was looking around for a route for North Cape to Copenhagen and I stumbled across mention of a national cycling route which ran the length of Sweden. There were two variants: one which more or less followed the coast and one which was more inland. Does anybody know if specific cycling maps of the routes exist and if yes, how to go about obtaining them?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
A couple of years back I was looking around for a route for North Cape to Copenhagen and I stumbled across mention of a national cycling route which ran the length of Sweden. There were two variants: one which more or less followed the coast and one which was more inland. Does anybody know if specific cycling maps of the routes exist and if yes, how to go about obtaining them?

I have cycled a bit in Sweden (Stockholm and Malmo) and Denmark. Try here for the routes:

http://www.cycletourer.co.uk/cycletouring/nscrinfoswed.shtml

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've managed to find it again. The route is called the Sverigeleden and it would appear that it is covered either in 3 books from the Swedish national cycling club or on 6 maps. Thanks for the tip anyway.

snorri

Legendary Member
I cycled from Trelleborg to Stockholm via Malmo and Helsingborg a few years ago and did not feel the need to purchase any cycle specific maps. It appears the Swedes had a policy of leaving the parallel old route intact when they constucted the E4 motorway. The old route carried only light traffic, was ideal for cycling and could easily be followed using general road maps readily available at petrol stations and book shops.

CycleTourer

Veteran
Andy

You might find this google translated link useful it describes the Sverigeleden with some maps and photos.

The Google translation is a bit iffy, but you can get the drift of the text.

Top Bottom