A question for you Gin drinkers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We both enjoy the odd G&T but on impulse I just purchased a flavoured Gin from Aldi.
It is Spiced Apple and Ginger.
TBH I thought I had picked up the winter fruits one so hope its nice.
Q. What should we mix it with ??

Anyone tried it ?
Any thoughts ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My partner is addicted to the Aldi flavoured Gins. And must admit, I do enjoy a little tipple of them too now and again.
But her favourite is still Gordon's Pink Gin.
We always drink them with lemonade.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We tend to stick with standard tonics in flavoured gins. Blood orange gin and med tonic is amazing. My wife has Rhubarb gin infusing at present - been there a couple of months.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I prefer Gin made into a Martini, this timeless cocktail is made by pouring a generous measure of Gin into a glass and waving it in the general direction of Italy.
It's a Noel Coward recipe

1604658225885.png

Attachments

• 1604658006848.png
    1604658006848.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I would just use plain tonic, any other would mask the flavour.

As an add on, I can recommend Liq uor Muff😳

Last edited:
Now is the season to make Sloe Gin..

Sloe Gin recipe
Terrible recipe.
Plastic demijohn (5 litres)
2 kilos of sloes.
250grms sugar
1 bottle of port (cheap is best) or alternatively a rough red wine.
Obviously the latter is an option
Fill to the top with gin about 2.5 bottles.
The sloes should be put in the freezer to break the skin. Which is the actual reason why in olden days people waited for the first frost.
I used to make my own cider, it was dire. So i put it into the demijohns with used sloes to create so called slider (a daft name). Obviously the fermentation started up again due to left over in the sloes. Very strong and very nice.
I have been lazy this year only have two demijohns on the go. I have 3 demijohns of 2 year old used sloes. I bought 20 liter bag in the box cider its dire so I am using it in the demijohn with some 2 year old used sloes.

The one on the left is the sloe cider

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'd go for ginger ale. One of the more benign ones that's a mixer rather than a drink in it's own right, so Fever Tree or Canada Dry rather than the fiery, Jamaican ginger beer drinks you can get. The latter would overpower the gin for sure.

Top Bottom