A question to what bike I should pick help!

Which one should I pick?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
shad6030

shad6030

Use on roads, that's why road bikes have rigid forks not suspension. You only need suspension off road and even then it's debatable (MTBs can also have rigid forks)

Have you test ridden the Giants? If so and you like it, then go for the one in your preferred colour
The thing is I’m gonna buy a MTB since it’s suitable on city road, flat road and climbing and tbh I don’t care if it’s heavy though the speed is better than the road bike that’s why I love shifting plus light speeeed

soziwq2.jpg

The thing is I’m gonna buy a MTB since it’s suitable on city road, flat road and climbing and tbh I don’t care if it’s heavy though the speed is better than the road bike that’s why I love shifting plus light speeeed
The bikes you are considering are not the best choice for city roads or climbing. Have you had a drink?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Let's all just calm down here and take a step back a moment. The bikes listed in the original post are not £99 BSOs and are certainly not unsuitable for a rough urban trip.

Sure, there are better bikes for experienced and confident road cyclists, but for many riders a hardtail MTB Is a versatile, reliable, confidence inspiring bike that can serve well. I dont think it is fair or helpful to start ridiculing the choice of bike because it isnt what you ride personally!
There are many people, including cyclechat forum members that are riding MTBs in the urban environment and are perfectly happy doing so.

Maybe 'not as good as' is best terminology. Cheaper MTBs can be quite heavy, but don't get me wrong as I still ride a rigid Cannondale and it's a great bike. I wouldn't consider doing big road miles on it though.

OP
OP
shad6030

shad6030

Top Bottom