A quick hello from Suffolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A quick hello from a very sunny morning in Suffolk. I am currently recovering from a 20 mile run over the weekend so a bit of bike tinkering later (that counts as recovery!) and I hope to be posting and asking/giving advice as we go. I am a 6ft 6 cyclist who sustained a ruptured disc in April 2018 and now have nerve/compression damage. This means only 50% strength on my right side, which is restricting my running more than anything. I have been getting more into cycling just recently and have an older Roubaix with Dura-Ace kit, campag zondas (for winter) and a new set of prime carbons for summer - just about to put tubeless on those if I can get them to seat. As I am so tall, I think it is about time to build my own bike and so I have my eye on a Canyon Ultimate 8.0 CF frameset and I am going to add some low/mid range campy kit to it. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated as manufacturers and suppliers just don't seem that keen to do the whole 'customer engagement/service' bit anymore. I look forward to the usual bike chat on here and thank you in advance for your patience!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A quick hello from a very sunny morning in Suffolk. I am currently recovering from a 20 mile run over the weekend so a bit of bike tinkering later (that counts as recovery!) and I hope to be posting and asking/giving advice as we go. I am a 6ft 6 cyclist who sustained a ruptured disc in April 2018 and now have nerve/compression damage. This means only 50% strength on my right side, which is restricting my running more than anything. I have been getting more into cycling just recently and have an older Roubaix with Dura-Ace kit, campag zondas (for winter) and a new set of prime carbons for summer - just about to put tubeless on those if I can get them to seat. As I am so tall, I think it is about time to build my own bike and so I have my eye on a Canyon Ultimate 8.0 CF frameset and I am going to add some low/mid range campy kit to it. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated as manufacturers and suppliers just don't seem that keen to do the whole 'customer engagement/service' bit anymore. I look forward to the usual bike chat on here and thank you in advance for your patience!
Welcome to the forum:welcome:

Hudson1984

Über Member
where abouts in suffolk are you? if you're nearer the norfolk border i'd head to Naarwich and go to pedal revolutions. They definitely do the customer engagement thing.
If I was allowed to post something for sale I'd send you my bike which is up for sale but that's higher end campy kit :smile: enjoy your riding

JhnBssll

Veteran
Welcome! I'm Suffolk based, there are a few very good shops in the area. Ill keep an eye out on the roads for particularly tall cyclists :laugh:

OP
OP
coopertrooper

coopertrooper

Regular
where abouts in suffolk are you? if you're nearer the norfolk border i'd head to Naarwich and go to pedal revolutions. They definitely do the customer engagement thing.
If I was allowed to post something for sale I'd send you my bike which is up for sale but that's higher end campy kit :smile: enjoy your riding
In Stowmarket. It is lovely around here for cycling. Just looking for some campy kit at the moment actually, although potenza and nor super record.

Top Bottom