A quick moan...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe we need some kind of moan/get it off your chest thread so people don't keep having to start a new thread.

This morning, coming up to a mini RAB to turn right a van was a few feet from my arse - I rarely do this, but I signaled for him to back off. I came up to the RAB faster so stopped quicker and slight lock in the rear, all undercontrol. I was following a car (at a sane distance!) at the time too which entered the RAB to turn left.

He comes up besides me and says, these lines (rough quote).
-Never mind what I am doing
-I was watching what you were doing
-You nearly over shot the RAB

Then buggered off... I knew what I was doing, I had a van stuck to my arse!!

Grrrr

Ibbots

Ok, I'll join in.

I am stuck on a Virgin train going to bloody London again instead of getting my morning adrenalin/endorphin fix commuting into Manchester on the best day of the year so far. B*stard clients!

Ibbots

Ok, I'll join in.

I am stuck on a Virgin train going to bloody London again instead of getting my morning adrenalin/endorphin fix commuting into Manchester on the best day of the year so far. B*stard clients!

I hate going to London (just to clarify the point)

Ibbots

I hated going to Bolton!

Don't blame you, it's mostly bloody awful.

I actually quite like London, what with it's cockneys and city gents and London's West End and all that, especially if I'm staying over, it's the going there I hate. Going there means Wigan station, tilting Virgin trains (I get travel sick, bit pathetic I know), Oxford Circus, Oxford Street, clients and bosses, coming home on a tilting train via Wigan station. And a day I don't get to cycle.

Adasta

I actually went to Accrington which is quite lovely albeit stuck in a time-warp.

I was working as a waiter serving canapes to call-centre workers (...I know) while wearing best bib and tucker. I sounded ludicrously plum-voiced while talking to a bunch of (mostly) Lancastrian women. They're quite...to the point up there, aren't they? It was quite enjoyable.

Tangent over.

Top Bottom