A rather expensive ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Set out from my house this morning feeling good and looking forward to seeing how my new rear tyre preformed. I was about 5 mile into my ride on the first real Off Road hill climb about 50 meters from the top when the bike threw me off. I was a little puzzled but thought oh well I've hit something. Tried to move the bike but found the rear wheel was seized. It must have twisted in the drop outs thinks I. Err no. Upone removing wheel from bike it is obvious that the wheel was trying to make the Mobius shape!!! I managed to get it remotely close to true by standing on the rim and somehow nursed the bike to my Mums. Quicker to get to her house than back home. I borrow her credit card and car and take a trip to my LBS. I asked for a better quality wheel and in fairness he talked me out of the next grade up saying that the rims were the same and I would need to spend far more to get a wheel with stronger rims. Anyhow a few minutes later my old cassette and rotor are on new wheel and after dropping the car and card back at mu Mums I completed my ride. Cost me £45 but there you go.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Surely it cost your mother £45, not you? ;) :biggrin:

Top Bottom