A recent survey indicates..................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
How do McDonalds packages appear miles from any McDonalds outlets?

Drive thru

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Other things I have noticed that are back to "normal" but really shouldn't be:

Delivery drivers used to leave the parcel on the doorstep, take a few steps back and then ring the doorbell. Now they just walk up to my face and hand it to me.

People in supermarkets have now reverted back to walking within 2 inches of me, or reaching over me to get vegetables.

Our managers want us to return to the office so that there is an "office presence", despite the fact that we can all work from home perfectly well and no-one knows or cares whether the person on the other end of the e-mail or phone is in an office or at home. The managers are happier that we are all wasting time bringing PC equipment back and forth to work (it's a rota system), all for that all important "office presence".

How do McDonalds packages appear miles from any McDonalds outlets?

I remember when I worked at H*lfords in Taunton, one bin outside was obviously just far enough from Macdonalds to consume one takeaway with a drink. The bin 25m closer to Macdonalds was too close, and apparently it was also impossible for people to carry empty cartons another 25m further to the next bin, so the middle bin was always stuffed.

Other things I have noticed that are back to "normal" but really shouldn't be:

Delivery drivers used to leave the parcel on the doorstep, take a few steps back and then ring the doorbell. Now they just walk up to my face and hand it to me.

People in supermarkets have now reverted back to walking within 2 inches of me, or reaching over me to get vegetables.

Our managers want us to return to the office so that there is an "office presence", despite the fact that we can all work from home perfectly well and no-one knows or cares whether the person on the other end of the e-mail or phone is in an office or at home. The managers are happier that we are all wasting time bringing PC equipment back and forth to work (it's a rota system), all for that all important "office presence".
I think they are trying to justify paying the rent on the office !

Drago

Legendary Member
The traffic here in rural Poshshire is still much lighter than pre lergie levels. I'm waiting for school to return next week to see if that finally tips it back to normal as people drive their obese offspring 300 metres or less to school in the village.

Top Bottom