A recent survey indicates..................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
..................that the UK has now returned to normal.
A rather unscientific survey of the UK rural roads network carried out by myself this morning clearly indicates a return to what we had come to accept as normal levels of roadside littering pre-pandemic.
The reduction in the numbers of plastic bottles and alu cans discarded at the roadside during the height of travel restrictions was a joy to behold, alas we are now back to square one:sad:.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Yeah, I noticed all the litter reappearing a couple of months ago :sad:

However, I was at our local pond last night & didn't see any litter. So either people are being better there or someone else has done a litter pick.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I have said previously that about 75% of the roadside rubbish around us is McD's and we live in the country. Little boys and girls in their chavmobiles who's idea of a nite out is McD and racing around country lanes.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Between the car park and St Cuthberts Cave, at least 5 miles from the nearest town :wacko::wacko:

AndreaJ

Veteran
I have noticed the McDonald’s rubbish reappearing here in rural North Shropshire too, the nearest McDonald’s must be 10 miles away which seems a long way to drive round with it before dumping it. I’ve also noticed an increase in crashed cars left in fields/ ditches which has never been a problem here before.

Just checked the nearest McDonald's is 16.2 miles away. Don't find them alot and generally the dog gets to them first so all I get is the packets of sauces and maybe an opened bottle, I think it was vimto last time.

Top Bottom