A record delivery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We hear constant complaints about mail order deliveries or lack of. I live on an offshore island where there are frequent rip off attempts for extra delivery charges and indeed some companies refuse to deliver at any price. Some have even tried to charge me extra even tho' I have specified a mainland delivery address. On Tuesday this week I placed an order with John Lewis. On Wednesday I got a text saying delivery would be at 1100 on Friday. Aye right I thought that means Monday when I will not be at home. At 1058 this morning Friday a knock at the door. My parcel had arrived precisely 2 minutes early!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't suppose you had a look in the van and saw a parcel for me did you? I'm expecting some car polish to arrive.:scratch:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My best was purchasing something via ebay; a long searched-for rareish book at a very reasonable price. 40 minutes later got a call from the reception desk that someone had left me a parcel. The seller must have run out the door the moment I paid and then raced the 40 miles to Bristol. Good service is one thing but that's just ridiculous. Fair play to him !

Levo-Lon

Guru
Im always impressed by the post..maybe yodel dissapoints but its all good value.

I orderd a set of wheels from wiggle and paid for next day.. They arrived just after 9am the following day. And that was a Sunday !!
The time from order to door was 16.5 hrs..brilliant

DRM

Guru
It still blows my mind that I can order something from Amazon at 10pm at night and it's delivered to me before 9am the next morning.

And now they've started doing same day delivery? That's witchcraft...:wacko:
Theres an Amazon depot on one of the industrial estates i go to for work, looking at the amount of destroyed vans parked/dumped at the side of the road it's more brute force & ignorance than witchcraft

Top Bottom