a religious experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...no no not really but something weird happened to me today in the mountains

I was descending a trail here in les arcs called 'grange hill'. it starts at 2000m and finishes at 800. the top section is fire road and then you cut off it down a couple of precipitous grassy mountain slopes. they're too steep to go down directly, so you follow a narrow ridge and then cut back in so they are rideable.

I took one look at the first pitch and immediately decided i wasn't going to do it and go around on the fire road, which is weird for me as it was well within my capabilities.

I was giving myself a hard time about it as I slowly rolled down the fire road...and then my brakes failed. the pads on my rear brake had worn through and so i had no decent stopping power or direction control. Had I decided to go down the slope the other way I would have been seriously injured...literally trapped on a mountainside with no brakes!!

Yes of course it was a co-incidence and all that but its made me go all mysterious in a 'there's someone looking after me today' kind of way...

I'll get over it with a beer or two... :biggrin:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
"There is more twixt heaven and earth than is ever dreamt of in your philosophy".

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sorry to be all rational about this, but it's more likely that you had seen the worn brakepad without realising it and unconsciously decided to be careful...

Anyway, I'm very pleased you were!

Top Bottom