A Ride on Denmarks West Coast (Part 2)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry, I had to make extra editions as I can only add 10 photos per post.

If you have read Part 1. We were talking churches.

The church I stopped out was way out in the countryside. But as always in Danish churches, the toilet was spotless. It was also heated and had had hot water. I stayed longer than was necessary and it gave me a chance to warm up. As is often the case in all these churches, it had graves of RAF airmen.

20230422_062936.jpg

20230422_063827.jpg

Passing along the route I passed a few other churches. Always important to mark them on the route map for toilets, rest and water.

20230422_070648.jpg

20230422_074205.jpg

20230422_092004.jpg

The gravel continued and I crossed over the German border on the North Sea Cycle Route before very soon passing back into Denmark.

20230422_075518.jpg

20230422_124025.jpg

Just after 100km the route led me into the town of Møgultonder, where Schackenborg Slot, the home of Prince Jochim and Princess Marie is located. I had lunch in the grounds of the church and then decided to leave the gravel route and head on roads back to Ribe. I had accomplished what I had set out to do. The bike worked well, the new tyres were a huge success, my route planning was good and all my electrics were kept charged up. It could not have gone better. My total distance was 155km

20230422_131016.jpg

20230422_151553.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_192829_Strava.jpg

If anyone ever intends to visit Denmark. Drop me a line and I will tell you the tips and tricks.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sorry, I had to make extra editions as I can only add 10 photos per post.

If you have read Part 1. We were talking churches.

The church I stopped out was way out in the countryside. But as always in Danish churches, the toulet was spotless. It was also heated and had had hot water. I stayed longer than was necessary and it gave me a chance to warm up. As is often the case in all these churches, it had graves of RAF airmen.

View attachment 687109

View attachment 687110

To be continued

Wow..........the vast majority of our churches are locked and, due to public services being cut, you can barely even find public toilets open these days :sad:

Sallar55

Veteran
Wow..........the vast majority of our churches are locked and, due to public services being cut, you can barely even find public toilets open these days :sad:
Don't you know that the UK is a 3rd world country, try cycling in Europe to open your eyes.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
you can add more posts to same thread though if you want to keep it all together in one thread.

looks like pleasant prep for "the big one"

I could only add 10 photos to one post. Is there a way I could add more?

I would have preferred to keep it under one post.

Top Bottom