A ride to Natland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Southlakes

Guru
wpc9214146_05.jpg

Click the link to see rest of photos of the South Lakes Group ride to Natland.

longers

Legendary Member
Looks like another good trip out. I've seen a gold medal winning passimeter on the back of the Crag - I doubt anyone else would give it an award.
Is it courgette cake in the above photo?

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
Yes its was courgettee cake and I hope we get another good ride this Sunday 21st February, we starting from Ashes Lane car park on the A591 between Kendal and Staveley at 10am then calling at Wilf's cafe at Staveley for morning brew before following the Old Shap Road, if anybody in the area you welcome join us on the ride.

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
Thanks Kendalcottages, if you can ride from Kendal to Milnthorpe and back again you be okay coming out with us, we can get anything up to nine members out on a ride that most the South Lakes Group had out on a ride this year.

kendalcottages

I could probably do that, but I only have a mountain bike and I'm pretty slow (probably an hour and a bit each way for me).

Do you have family events also? I think I saw something to this effect, but I'd be guessing that our boys are a bit too young just at the moment, but worth knowing for future reference... they're certainly able enough in the cake consumption department. ;)

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
You be okay coming out with us then Kendalcottages. With regard family events our Lancashire Group does weekly family rides, with South Lakes Group rides you okay bring chrildren on rides if they over age of 10 and can do about 20 miles.

kendalcottages

Sounds good... I might just come along to one if work calms down a little. (KC isn't the day job... just a recent 'extra' I've taken on board...) Our boys aren't old enough just yet, but give it a few years...

I've added a link to you from the cycling page on our site today, by the way.

Sargent

Looks lovely.

That cake is making me dribble :laugh:

Top Bottom