A right pain in the arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Physios advice I've had over the years is if it is both sides it is something you are doing, if it is one side it is probably an injury.
Either way GP's know that in time it will probably sort itself out if you stop doing whatever it is your are doing to cause the problem. So they usually tell you to stop doing whatever it is and may be chuck in an anti-inflamatory for good measure.

A physio on the other hand will spend more time with you and provide specific advice and guidance. I never go to my GP with muscle/joint type stuff and go straight to the physio. The GP is a waste of time go private and get it seen now, unless money is an issue of course, (Been there too).

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
[quote="vickster, post: 2366249, member: 10217"

I am sure there are superb NHS physios, but your use of the word 'some' suggests it might be hit and miss[/quote]
Absolutely correct..... .but the same applies if you go private!

vickster

Legendary Member
This is true, however, you can seek advice from others, choose who to see and change if you need something else

My first physio (knee) worked at the hospital when I saw the surgeon and he referred me to the physio. My current physio (knee but more elbow) works at a practice recommended by my first physio - who wanted me to get another opinion, fresh pair of eyes. He is excellent but also seeks advice from his senior colleague - also excellent (saw him as I needed attention to get me through a particularly arduous work trip)

With physio, you need someone who has expertise in the correct joints / bits that are bothersome I think and you also need a good rapport if it's long term treatment (e.g. post op). My current physio is also a tennis coach, so my tennis elbow is completely up his street! :whistle:

Top Bottom