A sad and tragic story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Really sorry to hear that. The capriciousness of life makes things seem so random.

I did google his name and read a report that makes it not so capricious though: https://www.sierrasun.com/news/local/bicyclist-dead-after-being-struck-by-vehicle-on-state-route-89/

First, I always have a problem when it is reported as "A collision between a bicyclist and a Toyota" -I know you could argue it's being pedantic, but that to me suggests a bicyclist hit a Toyota, but according to the article it states: "when the car veered right striking Ingels". Why not say "A Toyota hit a cyclist"? And unless the car suffered a catastrophic mechanical failure or the driver suffered a medical emergency (neither mentioned) a car shouldn't simply veer right and hit a cyclist. I live in the States -admittedly in the north east -but I can say the inattentiveness to driving is endemic -it's just not considered seriously IMHO. The advent of smart phones has made it far worse.

Lastly, read the comments in the article -it's really sad they are focused on extending some bike path or lane. The problem isn't the bike path; the problem was a bloody Toyota hitting the poor man. Even if there was a bike path or lane it wouldn't necessarily exclude an inattentive driver (if that was the issue) striking a cyclist. To me it's just the completely wrong area of focus.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad news.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A very sad story.
But if it’s any consolation, I don’t think any of us would complain about living a long life and going quickly doing the thing we love than a lot of the alternatives.
100% agree with this sentiment. My Dad died in his seventies. He was on a bike ride with his mates on a beautiful Spring day. Doctor said he was probably dead before he even hit the ground. Last thing he will have remembered would have been doing what he loved. Same for this poor guy

Top Bottom