1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A sadness but also a smile

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by wafflycat, 27 May 2008.

1. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Just had a phonecall from the son of an elderly uncle. My uncle died a few days ago. Very sad. Now I come from a funny lot and there's not many in the family I hold in affection or respect, but my Uncle Raymond I did. He was a truly lovely man, and his wife who died a few years ago was a lovely lady. When I remember my Uncle & Aunt it's a happy thing. They lit up a room when they entered it - they were so full of the joys of life and *radiated* happiness. So I'm sad they now both passed away, but they were good folk and a pleasure to know. Missed, but will always be remembered with fondness and a smile.

2. col

col Veteran

My condolences

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Hugs and sympathies Wafflycat.

4. OP
    OP
    wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Ta guys, but whilst I'm sad one of life's truly lovely folk has died, I do remember him with a smile & much fondness.

5. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Maybe they'll be reincarnated as chickens?:smile:

6. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

As someone far more eloquent than myself said "A good life lived is a kind of victory".

Sympathies.

7. Nice thought waffly - he'll be pleased with that.

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

He left you regretting his passing which is all most of us can hope for.

9. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

It sounds like they could have no better epitaph. Condolences, but so good that you can remember with fondeness and a smile...

10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Waffles.
    But I'm glad they're remembered with fondness.

11. It's a nice way for them to be remembered, and for you to remember them. Condolences from me too.

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Condolences from me as well, Waffly, but the memories you have and feel for them would also have made them happy as well as yourself!!!