A Scottish C2C over 3 sunny days at Easter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
@Brandane
D'you reckon (for a fit cyclist with panniers, tent etc) that Biggar to Berwick is do-able in one day? Planning a wee tour that takes in the Tweed cycleway... would like to do that stretch in a day, but currently also considering breaking it up with a night's camping in Melrose... I notice you stopped there (in hotel).

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane
D'you reckon (for a fit cyclist with panniers, tent etc) that Biggar to Berwick is do-able in one day? Planning a wee tour that takes in the Tweed cycleway... would like to do that stretch in a day, but currently also considering breaking it up with a night's camping in Melrose... I notice you stopped there (in hotel).
Shouldn't be a problem. Mileage will be in the region of 80 miles for the day, with a few hills to tackle (rolling hills rather than major climbs). Just make sure you take the B7016, or the minor roads south of it, from Biggar to Broughton; and not the bridleway that I ended up on!
If you have the time, I would opt for the camping in Melrose option though. This route is quite scenic and passes through some nice towns - Peebles, Innerleithen, Galashiels, and Kelso are all worth spending some time in.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Shouldn't be a problem. Mileage will be in the region of 80 miles for the day, with a few hills to tackle (rolling hills rather than major climbs). Just make sure you take the B7016, or the minor roads south of it, from Biggar to Broughton; and not the bridleway that I ended up on!
If you have the time, I would opt for the camping in Melrose option though. This route is quite scenic and passes through some nice towns - Peebles, Innerleithen, Galashiels, and Kelso are all worth spending some time in.
Great, thanks for the tip... will have to see how much time I can negotiate... if poss, I will stop over in Melrose. Thanks :okay:

Top Bottom