A Shiny Thing I Built: Look Upon My Works, Ye Mighty...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Oh wow. That's a funky seatpost indeed.

Is 80 a bit high for 32mms ? I'm running my contis at 50 on the front and 60 on the back. No issues with them in a few years.

80's the max recommended pressure for these but I am a bit on the hefty side - 95kg and then some, after comfort-eating my way through Covid! Could get away with less in the front but the rear distorts a bit under my bulk as it is, & may be prone to exaggerated wear & pinch-flats on the local bomb-cratered roads if I ran it with less.

how are the shifters going ? i can get a set of 10 speed to replace my tiagra for £65 that are looking worse for wear .

Fine so far, still just like new. The rear mech has a very stiff spring compared to Shimano, so that makes the lever action a little heavy after the 6800 Ultegra on my road bike - but I'm sure that won't apply to the Shimano-compatible stuff. I have no complaints at all about the functionality of the Sensah components but I guess durability/reliability remains to be seen.

£65's a big saving over 'proper' Tiagra but might be worth digging around to see if there any reviews & long-term experiences out there. I admit I bought the parts for mine fully expecting them to fall apart in a few months, it's so far a pleasant surprise that they haven't!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I like how you’ve retained the aliexpress aesthetic while building something that isn’t a death trap. I like it. Chapeau.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Updated update! Small hiccup replacing the rear mech cable, after finding the cable outer had shredded where it fits into the shifter - the fitting's too narrow to accept a ferrule & it looks like the consequence of stiff mech springs & nothing holding the outer together has taken its toll. Bodged at the moment but I'll have to replace the outer & open out the seat in the shifter to accept a ferrule. Bit of a pain in the bum as I'm having to use full-length outers, making the process more of a faff.

Anyway - gratuitous shiny-bike-in-the-sun pic with new bar tape.

TiBike004.jpg

Top Bottom