A short video about blame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've started deviating from videos of drivers cutting me up and started to use my experience with dSLRs and other photography gear to try and make a couple of videos that could be useful (I hope) to other riders.

I hope you dont mind me spamming it here, I'm not a voice over kind of a bloke, just a normal man who rides to work and wants to look deeper than the hyperbole in the media and on the internet.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKNKuLMHms

I kind of hope that non-cyclists will get the chance to see this, too. I've made similar videos like this in the past. I'd like to think that we can lead the way in spreading true knowledge and understanding. I still think we have opportunity to expand cycling in the UK, both from our own work and from the work of official bodies like the Government.

I think this is one of the better things I've made for youtube.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Very nice. Only improvement I would suggest is getting rid of the background noise from your voice over. It's possible to do with applications like virtualdub. Just record a few seconds of the background noise and you can strip it out.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I only watched the first clip as I'm about to get ready for work and the second is 12 minutes long.

I'm afraid I don't get your point in the first film other than poorly visible cyclists are a problem. I did begin to lose interest before it finished.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I only watched the first clip as I'm about to get ready for work and the second is 12 minutes long.

I'm afraid I don't get your point in the first film other than poorly visible cyclists are a problem. I did begin to lose interest before it finished.

You've lost me? That's not really what I said.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Very nice. Only improvement I would suggest is getting rid of the background noise from your voice over. It's possible to do with applications like virtualdub. Just record a few seconds of the background noise and you can strip it out.

I've got software, just havent been able to upload it. I do also have pro recording kit (TLAudio 5 series and Joe Meek channels, pro AKG condenser mics but its been packed away for nearly 10 years due to lack of space).

Bare in mind that some of the noise is traffic in the video footage.

Maylian

Veteran
Seems interesting, although I spent a lot of my time seeing if I could spot myself cycling on some of the footage

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
The drop down bouncy text is awful. No offense. But plain, easy to read text that is not moving is easier to read and gets the point across more effectively, and looks more professional.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Seems interesting, although I spent a lot of my time seeing if I could spot myself cycling on some of the footage

When I was out filming often other riders (even the scruffy one haha) would say "good morning" to me with a cheery smile. I dont think anyone has recognised themself yet in any of my videos.

The drop down bouncy text is awful. No offense. But plain, easy to read text that is not moving is easier to read and gets the point across more effectively, and looks more professional.

I dont really care for professional sometimes, tbh. I think most people just want a bit of honesty. I got a bit bored with simple fade-in on text (used it a lot in the past) and I felt this was OK as there wasnt that much to read in reality.

Top Bottom