A strange thing happened to on the way to the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well actualy while I was on my way home on Monday.
I was walking home from work and saw a young lad of about 17 maybe 18 looking a bit distressed leaning over a fence with a mobile phone in his hand. As I got closer I could also see that he had a bike, when I got almost along side him I realized that the bike was a Bianchi in turquoise (couldn't tell which model) and the first thought was that it was nicked but the lad didn't seem the sort although he was wearing jeans and a black jacket. Anyway said to the lad nice bike and he replies yes it is. Carried on my way but have been worried since that it might have been somebodys pride and joy. So if anybody has lost a Bianchi in the Hythe area it was last seen near the bottom of Ladycross Road.

Headgardener said:
Well actualy while I was on my way home on Monday.
I was walking home from work and saw a young lad of about 17 maybe 18 looking a bit distressed leaning over a fence with a mobile phone in his hand. As I got closer I could also see that he had a bike, when I got almost along side him I realized that the bike was a Bianchi in turquoise (couldn't tell which model) and the first thought was that it was nicked but the lad didn't seem the sort although he was wearing jeans and a black jacket. Anyway said to the lad nice bike and he replies yes it is. Carried on my way but have been worried since that it might have been somebodys pride and joy. So if anybody has lost a Bianchi in the Hythe area it was last seen near the bottom of Ladycross Road.

Why did the fact that he was wearing jeans and a black jacket make you assume he'd nicked a bike? That's what I wear most of the time and I've never nicked a bike in my life.

Headgardener said:
when I got almost along side him I realized that the bike was a Bianchi in turquoise (couldn't tell which model) and the first thought was that it was nicked but the lad didn't seem the sort although he was wearing jeans and a black jacket.

LMAO ... you could probably clear up your countys backlog of unsolved crime in a few days working on that theory

Not very Christian like though ;)

Simon

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I nick bikes all the time and I wouldn't dream of wearing jeans with a black jacket - quelle horreur!

Greedo

Rhythm Thief said:
Why did the fact that he was wearing jeans and a black jacket make you assume he'd nicked a bike? That's what I wear most of the time and I've never nicked a bike in my life.

:biggrin::laugh:;):laugh::angry:

Thank god I had just swollowed my wine there or I'd have one messy keyboard

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think you're right... if you just nicked a £1000 bike and got away with it, you would definitely be distressed about it. The guilt would get ya.

dav1d

I was recently looking distressed with a bike, wearing jeans in Heaton Park :angry: (I'm no teenager though) - we'd got locked in, and the numbers to phone a warden on on the outside of the park, where we couldn't see them! So we didn't know what to do (my sister and bf had come on their motorbikes, and my brother by tram), so my sister and bf went back to their motorbikes in the carpark, hoping that gate would be open (it wasn't) and my brother and I went to a different exit near the tram station. But that gate was locked too.

And the wall was a bit too high for us, but after a while, my brother suggested using the bike as a stand, I didn't like the idea, but we had to get out, so that's what we did. But then it fell over over the other side:ohmy:, so we had to lever ourselves down.

My brother got the tram, and I cycled round looking for an open exit - there weren't any, but I found the number of the wardens on one of the gates, so phoned my sister quickly (my battery was very low, so didn't really have time to phone them myself) and gave her the number.

Eventually everybody got out and home safely.

Top Bottom