A subtle change in the weather..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Me too, I can finally stop pretending I'll be getting back on the bike 'any day now' ^_^
But I believed you!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
But have you still got your bikes, Potsy?
There still one outside his house....

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Lakeland - trees in woods starting to go a sickly yellow colour in places. Heather is 'out'. Getting much cooler at night now - currently sitting here with heating on. Exterior temp' thingy showing 14C and falling.

One miserable 'summer' for us this year. Although when you talk to some people they will tell you how lovely it has been due to a couple of very hot weeks earlier in the year that seems to stick in their minds.

We were seriously contemplating a move abroad until the Brexit vote went in the wrong direction. :sad:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Lakeland - trees in woods starting to go a sickly yellow colour in places. Heather is 'out'. Getting much cooler at night now - currently sitting here with heating on. Exterior temp' thingy showing 14C and falling.

One miserable 'summer' for us this year. Although when you talk to some people they will tell you how lovely it has been due to a couple of very hot weeks earlier in the year that seems to stick in their minds.

We were seriously contemplating a move abroad until the Brexit vote went in the wrong direction. :sad:
It’s not even August yet. Give it a chance.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It’s not even August yet. Give it a chance.

August is a rainy month here!

Presume you are in Bexleyheath?

I was born in Dartford and lived in Gravesend and Tunbridge Wells until moving to Cumbria.

Lovely Wife was born in Orpington.

Better weather down there although the pace of life is much slower where we live - can't have everything I guess. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member

The Scillies are under contemplation for my long term move, but property prices are a bit steep. Not unaffordable, but 350k on North Uist buys a fully modernised 6 bedroom mansion with several acres, and on St Mary's a fairly modest 3 bedroom cottage in need of some work.

Top Bottom