A Summer 'Way Of The Roses'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought this book, the other day, in Waterstones (Wakefield), & spend an hour looking at the OS maps I already hold for the route
Once all the C-19 dies down (not the best phrase, maybe...), I'll probably give it a go

Train from Leeds, to Morecambe
Day to Ripon, & maybe stay over (get wife to come up, stay too?)

Let her go shopping in York, & pick me up at Bridlington
We have a 'posh portacabin' there, so another overnight (which would make it 5 stops there, for me, in 10 years!!)
Circa May 2019, when I took something up, & stayed 30 minutes

And, I also saw this sign in Ripon, when we were there last Tuesday (17th)

Upper Skellgate, where the traffic turns right onto Market Place West

I also have the perfect jersey for the wrong side of the border!! :okay:

Rocky

Hello decadence
It's a great ride. I did it over three days a couple of years ago on my Brompton. I had great weather for the first two days but cycled from York to Bridlington in the pouring rain.

I stopped in Burnsall and York for my overnights. I ate at so many pubs and cafes, I think I put on at least 2kgs over the course of the ride.

Enjoy yourself.

64673DE2-9579-49C9-AAE1-6465843E2F4A_1_105_c.jpeg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
We did it and raised lots of money for a local children’s hospice too, a fabulous ride. Don’t forget to take a picture of you and your bike next to the Eric Morecambe statue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

It's one I want to do, but I can't see me doing it in under 5 days,

It's a great ride. I did it over three days a couple of years ago on my Brompton.

You did the hill out of Settle on a Brommie?! I am deeply impressed.

(I actually took a slight detour there - I'd done the Pennine Cycleway a couple of years previously so had already done Settle-Airton. Instead, I rode a northerly loop via Malham, which was lovely and which at one point was proposed as being an alternate "braid" of WotR.)

Rocky

Hello decadence

(I actually took a slight detour there - I'd done the Pennine Cycleway a couple of years previously so had already done Settle-Airton. Instead, I rode a northerly loop via Malham, which was lovely and which at one point was proposed as being an alternate "braid" of WotR.)
I have to put my hand up and admit I made it halfway and then had to get off and walk. The only other bit where I got off was coming out of Pately Bridge.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's one I want to do, but I can't see me doing it in under 5 days,
same here... spreading it out over more days means the journey can be enjoyed rather than endured :okay:

Malham, and its cove is a worthy detour.

Top Bottom