A tale of woe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg Well one of my bikes has come back after picking a fight with a taxi. Unfortunately it's a write off (see pictures).

I sorted the bike for one of my sons friends as he was getting ready for a triathalon and he didn't have a road bike. The lad did well and on the cycle ride was only overtaken by a few more modern and expensive bikes. Then one day he lent the bike to a friend who ended up hitting a parked taxi head on (still not sure what happened but guessing rider error).

I know it's sad but I feel that any if the bikes I've worked on are still someway connected to myself.

Anyway off to try and salvage what I can and hopefully get him another frame as he's training to do another triathalon.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ouch. I did exactly that to a frame in my youth. (Parked car. Rider error is putting it rather kindly).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
He must have been going a bit, forks yes I've bent them similarly but downtube. :eek:

Guilty as charged. All I could remember about it was something (the saddle) hitting me on the back of the head. Then finding myself on the road in front of a parked car with the mangled remains of the bike down the road in front of me. Feeling a bit foolish. I then had to knock on the door of the nearest house. "Is that your car outside ...?"

Top Bottom