A theory that I've just made up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

Same applies to books - when it's not just the font, but the quality of the pages which can put me off.

I bought a copy of War and Peace (!!!), but it was some kind of Collins Everyday Classic Cheap and Popular Edition. Consequently the paper was poor, the print was tiny, in a heavily serif-laden font, and I decided it was unreadable.

Obviously whether it is truely unreadable or not is a different question. But nonetheless, I decided that one day, I would buy a decent large edition copy. Probably 2nd hand hardback from Abebooks.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have to admit, I've never tried to read it, but I think with War and Peace, all that matters is that the cover is clear enough for everyone on the train to see what you're reading, and the book large enough for you to hide something properly interesting inside... :tongue:

Arch said:
I have to admit, I've never tried to read it, but I think with War and Peace, all that matters is that the cover is clear enough for everyone on the train to see what you're reading, and the book large enough for you to hide something properly interesting inside... :tongue:

That's why I read "Big and Bouncy" on the train.

Tetedelacourse

Good stuff.

However, I feel your hypothesis/ theory requires rebranding in order to get off the ground. To this end, I suggest either the:

Nicholls Index of Personality Profiling: Lexico-Electronica (NIPPLE)

or the

Nicholls Implied Computer Engagement Theory: Index of Typface Selection (NICETITS)

:tongue:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Tetedelacourse said:
Good stuff.

However, I feel your hypothesis/ theory requires rebranding in order to get off the ground. To this end, I suggest either the:

or the

Nicholls Implied Computer Engagement Theory: Index of Typface Selection (NICETITS)

:?:

Nice acronymns, I like them a lot - I feel more attracted to the second one. I'm going to have to get my social psychologist buddies to work on this with me; love a bit of inter-disciplinary research. However, 1 'L' in my surname is sufficient enough for me :tongue:

Tetedelacourse

SamNichols said:
Tetedelacourse said:
Good stuff.

or the

:?:

Nice acronymns, I like them a lot - I feel more attracted to the second one. I'm going to have to get my social psychologist buddies to work on this with me; love a bit of inter-disciplinary research. However, 1 'L' in my surname is sufficient enough for me :tongue:

sarry

Top Bottom