A tidy 1972 Holdsworth Tourer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Pics seem to be low res so can't see much, conversion to attach a rear rack via the dropouts odd and not OEM Raleigh.

Can't remember seeing anything else with the two eyes in similar set up , but not hard to have done by a competent person.
Would be nice to see bottom bracket detail and better quality pictures.

midlife

Guru
All Raleigh frames were numbered, even the ones sold as bare frames. The Raleigh Bean counters were frighteningly efficient lol.

Every single piece of Raleigh bikes down to the smallest washer had an item number lol

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The subject matter of this thread has managed to claw it's way heroically up to £51 on the relisting, with 14 hours remaining, so £5 down on the same stage of the previous auction. Unless a late bidder appears who really, really wants a 1972 Holdsworth, or the seller scraps the reserve price, I reckon we'll be seeing a repeat of the last one and a final bid well below £100..
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that reserve prices often act as a disincentive to try a bid, and so prevent any auction momentum building up.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The subject matter of this thread has managed to claw it's way heroically up to £51 on the relisting, with 14 hours remaining, so £5 down on the same stage of the previous auction. Unless a late bidder appears who really, really wants a 1972 Holdsworth, or the seller scraps the reserve price, I reckon we'll be seeing a repeat of the last one and a final bid well below £100..
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that reserve prices often act as a disincentive to try a bid, and so prevent any auction momentum building up.

If there is a reserve on any item I'm interested in I can't be bothered and walk. I share your view in full.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Well, it's actually up to £102 now with less than an hour to go. More than last time, but still way short of the BIN price.
Edited to say it finished at £102, reserve not met again. I don't think the seller is getting the valuation message that the market is telling him somehow......:laugh:

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Well, it's been relisted yet again, and the high bidder on the last listing which finished at £102, has bid £102 again this time. :laugh::laugh:
Of course the reserve is still there, so no sale!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The Apollo seller must be on drugs. If everything made could be bought new, used for years, then sold on at a real terms profit, we'd all be multi-millionaires. :laugh:. They obviously havent grasped the concept of depreciation, which applies to the overwhelming majority of all products.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
How does it have 19 gears? ^_^

I have in the past seen bikes like that described as an ex Tour de France bike.

Dag Hammar

I have no interest in making a bid for that overpriced Apollo on eBay but I have added it to my ‘watch list’.
Maybe if a huge number of cyclechat members did the same and ‘watched’ the item it might spook the seller into believing the bike is priced correctly 🤣🤣

Top Bottom