A trio of videos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
That last video was a trip down memory lane for me. I went to St Joseph's Primary which is on the left just after you were turning right. Why was he shouting at you? Twunt.

1sr video looks like the pedestrian crossing had to speed up as you cycled at him. He had priority as was already crossing, not yiu.

2nd video. You pulled in front of taxi. Why would he have given way to you, the other car flashed and let you cross nuce of them but unexpected and no reason for taxi to know that was what he (?) was doing. Complete non event.

Video 3 you got called a bad word. Yes, a very very bad word. hardly crime of the century thiugh.

Seriously, non events all round.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
1sr video looks like the pedestrian crossing had to speed up as you cycled at him. He had priority as was already crossing, not yiu.

2nd video. You pulled in front of taxi. Why would he have given way to you, the other car flashed and let you cross nuce of them but unexpected and no reason for taxi to know that was what he (?) was doing. Complete non event.

Video 3 you got called a bad word. Yes, a very very bad word. hardly crime of the century thiugh.

The 1st video was not about me, it was that minicab that had to pull around the other cyclist heading towards me as I was waiting to turn right. He had to sound his horn at the last minute to cut in front of the car to his nearside

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
That last video was a trip down memory lane for me. I went to St Joseph's Primary which is on the left just after you were turning right. Why was he shouting at you? Twunt.
I was about a foot over the middle lines, but I was trying to stay out of the way of the traffic coming up behind me to turn right, particularly seeing as there is a row of parked cars on the left side kerb. The truck barely had to slow to get past me so I have no idea why the driver shouted at me, other than because he thinks he's a big man in a big truck and everyone should steer a country mile clear of him out of deference.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Thanks for summary - I was rather wondering I must admit

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
When a pedestrian has started crossing, don't cycle at them making them start to run.
There was a car behind me, I've been tooted at that junction for waiting patiently, you can't win can you

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
Ah, so cycle at a pedestrian because you're worried abiut being tooted.

There was no shout or gesture from him and I can't see he picked up his pace, he seemed to cross the road at a pretty constant pace. It's London, people walk fast, he's a young guy, so I don't think I caused him to rush.

Watch the video again. Yes he does. I've lived and worked in London fir 35 out if the last 40 years. I am quite familiar with it

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
Watch the video again. Yes he does. I've lived and worked in London fir 35 out if the last 40 years. I am quite familiar with it
I've watched it several times I can assure you. I find it quite strange you didn't pick up on the potential threat posed by that minicab to the other cyclist, particularly seeing as minicabs are not allowed to use bus lanes, so I think you may need to re-watch also.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
perhaps if all road users used a bit of courtesy to each other there would be no need for driving cameras and everyone would use the roads according to the relevant laws, .....................oh! there I go again dreaming, whilst looking at the world through rose tinted glasses . Cyclists everywhere will always be treated as second rate road users by anyone driving a motorised vehicle, that just seems to be the nature of the beast but it is always nice when the cyclist gets the upper hand and teaches the driver the error of their ways.

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Certainly one of the less hospitable places to cycle in London. Not surprising that I went there today I noticed 3 riders in the space of 30 minutes using cameras. As for these incidents, I very much doubt the police would be interested.

Top Bottom