A very close and frightening pass tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi and hope you're all well.
Coming home today from work i really thought my days were numbered by an absolute lunatic driving a performance Audi car. Thing is i wasn't on my bike but i was in my car. The road in question was a single carriage A road and i was bumbling along at around 55mph when out of nowhere this moron close passed me in what i could only discribe as travelling at well over 120 mph. It happened that quickly i didn't even get chance to react to it by pulling over to the left to give a little more room between us. His mirror clipped mine and narrowly missed a head on collision with a car coming the opposite direction . About quarter of a mile down the road were a set of lights, and low and behold their was the car staggered across the white stop line.(looking at the way the car was positioned it was obvious he had struggled to stop in time)
As i pulled up on the left hand side i lowered my window and gave the driver a piece of my mind, but i was met with the usual abuse you get nowadays. I've got the footage on dashcam and playing it back it was truly shocking to watch. If i had of deveated to the right by a few inches im sure a serious collision would of resulted with loss of life.
I really do hate driving nowadays. Really fast performance car's shouldn't be allowed on our congested roads. As in the case of this driver, he was a young guy, and was clear he was out to impress his mate's by its lighting performance..
I'm going to send off the camera footage to the police and report it.
It happened a few hours back and im still shakened up.
In all my years of driving and thousands of miles covered ive never seen or felt so scared before.
The nation speed limits were 60 along this road and i welcome new technology that would restrict drivers from abusing it in such a reckless manner.
My rant is over now and just wanted to get it off my chest.
All the best
Johnny

Slick

Guru
Your doing the guy a favour by sending in the footage.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Your absolutely right. I shouldn't of said anything but at the time i was really mad that he could of so easily of killed the occupants of the on coming car and me. We all make mistakes with bad driving from time to time (including me) but this idiot really was pushing his luck. It was a truly frightening experience and hope the on coming driver had a dash cam too

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I know im thinking hypertheticly (did i spell that right) but there's lots of cyclists around this time of year along this road in question. I've got a big heavy car (shame on me) but when this Audi came past at stupid miles an hour it literally shook my car. Just imagine what it would do to cyclist

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Report it. Please. Before he kills someone.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last night we were on our way back from that London and we stopped at Beaconsfield services on the M40. As we arrived we found ourselves mixed up with a dozen idiots in race tuned cars weaving through the traffic like a game of Grand Theft Auto, exhausts popping and flames shooting out. They took over the service station car park with a cacophony of noise and blocked everybody in; it took us 20 minutes to get out and back to the motorway.

The vogue for highly tuned German sports saloons is very worrying indeed. I read that sound cameras are on the way but it will be a while yet.

vickster

Legendary Member
I know im thinking hypertheticly (did i spell that right) but there's lots of cyclists around this time of year along this road in question. I've got a big heavy car (shame on me) but when this Audi came past at stupid miles an hour it literally shook my car. Just imagine what it would do to cyclist
Hypothetically :smile:

Brains

Legendary Member
Fastest car I've ever seen on a UK road was on the A66, I can only estimate the speed as being over 160 mph
(I was doing 80mph, they passed me like I was standing still, I then counted the seconds it took them to pass under a bridge, I took me more than twice the number of seconds)

Found out later it was armed police on their way to deal with the gunman in Whitehaven who went on to kill 12 people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom