A very strange/weird thing happened on my tv... any ideas why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On my smart phone I was sent a youtube link to a very funny clip. I watched it twice.
Later I was watching golf (Virgin tv).
I put it on pause to do something AND.. .....suddenly the youtube clip on my phone started playing on the tv!!!!
How on earth can that happen?
I tried to stop it with the Virgin remote but tv would not respond.
Pressed some buttons on the tv remote and managed to stop it (dont know how as I pressed lots of buttons).

Levo-Lon

Guru
Smart tv and synced to phone, I'd think

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Thanks for that.
But how? Its never happened before. My phone was dormant then suddenly that happened.

On youtube it's stupidly easy to activate on my phone. This pop up that can easily be activated. Netflix second most likely. On anything else I've not found it likely.

Adam4868

Guru
Its called casting i think,like i know anything with technology ! I quite often get stuff of my kids phones come on the tv.Thankfully its either grime music or youtube bloggers !

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
A good reason not to look at pron on your mobile!
How do I get this thing you call pron?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
On my smart phone I was sent a youtube link to a very funny clip. I watched it twice.
Later I was watching golf (Virgin tv).
I put it on pause to do something AND.. .....suddenly the youtube clip on my phone started playing on the tv!!!!
How on earth can that happen?
I tried to stop it with the Virgin remote but tv would not respond.
Pressed some buttons on the tv remote and managed to stop it (dont know how as I pressed lots of buttons).
It's OK, your TV is just haunted by some vengeful Japanese spirit...

Top Bottom