A weird electrical 'conundrum'.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Many, many times we'd open the door only for the alarm to sound, which we could only stop by twiddling wires under the bonnet.

Not once did anyone even look at us in a suspicious way, never mind challenge us or report us for nicking it.

the continual chorus of car alarms. Nobody ever paid attention to them
This might be of interest:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hi hi-fi remote turns my electric fire on and off (do we have the same Aldi flame effect fire @Dave7?) when i turn the volume up or down (even when pointing away from the fire). My fire is placed a few inches off the floor so a small ornament in front of the fire's remote sensor stops the fire from turning on or off when i want to adjust the volume. Pointing the hi-fi remote at the fire turns the fire on or off, so my hi-fi remote is dual purpose now :okay:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hi hi-fi remote turns my electric fire on and off (do we have the same Aldi flame effect fire @Dave7?) when i turn the volume up or down (even when pointing away from the fire). My fire is placed a few inches off the floor so a small ornament in front of the fire's remote sensor stops the fire from turning on or off when i want to adjust the volume. Pointing the hi-fi remote at the fire turns the fire on or off, so my hi-fi remote is dual purpose now :okay:

Yep....mine is the Aldi flame effect.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
the remote for my Xbox also turns the fire on and off... and there have been times when my Xbox has switched itself on... probably when I've turned the fire on with the hi-fi remote. I reckon it's just a case of overlapping IR frequencies for each device.

Dadam

Top Bottom