A whatsapp question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have just blocked a person from contacting me. Blocked and eliminated the WhatsApp number.
Will that person know I have blocked them ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Only by dint of them not being able to see 'you' or your phone number, I think.
They won't know they're blocked though they might guess.

markemark

Über Member
They may figure it out, it’s not difficult but it’s also not obvious. Depends how much you think they’ll want to know.

Your profile will change to them and you won’t blue tick any messages. They can’t know for sure but the clues will be there if they’re curious.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
By the power of Google...

Blocking someone on WhatsApp means you will no longer receive messages and calls from them. Someone you've blocked can't see your "last seen" timestamp or status and profile picture updates. There's no direct way for someone to know you've blocked them – WhatsApp doesn't notify them

markemark

Über Member
By the power of Google...

Blocking someone on WhatsApp means you will no longer receive messages and calls from them. Someone you've blocked can't see your "last seen" timestamp or status and profile picture updates. There's no direct way for someone to know you've blocked them – WhatsApp doesn't notify them

But those clues will be noticeable if they’re looking and wondering.

Got tired of @Accy cyclist sexy time photos?
Does he live in Manchester?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have the definitive answer by my 14year old son and internet expert. When they send a message there will only be one tick in the messaging bubble instead of two indicating it hasn't been delivered, that's if you're on line.

Last edited:

markemark

Über Member
It’ll be obvious if they bothered looking. Have you thought about just
Muting them (you don’t get notifications of messages) and ignoring them by you not opening their messages?

At times like this I always refer to:

074727715X.jpg

Top Bottom